First things first. Thank You. Thank you for your service. Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for enduring the burden that was placed on not only yourself, but your family, while serving our country. Some of you deployed to combat and earned a Purple Heart. Some of you earned a Service Connected Disability. Some of you retired from the military with over 20 years wearing the uniform, and some of you are still wearing that uniform in either an Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve capacity. It is because of you and those like you that we are able to live freely, want little, and support our heroes through organizations such as OATH, Inc. Thank you for what you have done on our behalf. You have defended our country, and nobody will ever be able to take that away from you!
We are both honored and humbled that you’re desiring to spend your time with us in the great outdoors. We absolutely understand how important your time is to you and your family, so for you to want to attend an OATH, Inc. event leaves us with a keen sense of appreciation. If you have an active military ID card (Active Duty, National Guard or Reserves) or a DD214, you are eligible to join OATH. If you are eligible, we invite you to visit this Application link where you can complete our two page Application. Once you complete this Application legibly, please collect the items listed below to complete your Application Packet:
- Full page Bio — Times New Roman, 12 pt text size. Tell us all about yourself….your military service, Units with which you served, posts where you were stationed, hobbies, interests, family, etc. We provide these Bios to the Ranches, Outfitters, and Guides that donate our amazing trips, and they’d like to know all about you. Please send in a Word Document format, not in the body of the email.
- 2-3 Photos of yourself
- IF APPLICABLE — DD214 (If you’ve been issued a DD214, we need to see it…MUST CONTAIN BLOCKS 23-30)
- IF APPLICABLE — Copy of your Purple Heart Certificate and/or Orders issuing the award (If you’ve circled Wounded on the front page of the Application, we need to see your Purple Heart Orders of Purple Heart Award)
- IF APPLICABLE — Copy of your VA Disability Information showing your Service Connected Disability and your Combined Service Connected Evaluation Rating (If you’ve circled Disabled on the front page of the Application, we need to see your VA rating form with %)
- IF APPLICABLE — Copy of an active Military ID if still serving on Active Duty, National Guard or Reserves (If you’ve circled Active, Reserve or National Guard on the front page of the Application, we need to see your ID Card)
- IF APPLICABLE — Copy of your Retirement Certificate or paperwork proving retirement (If you’ve circled Retired on the front page of the Application, we need to see your Retirement Orders or Retirement Award)
Once it has been completed in its entirety, please send the entire Application Packet to your Point of Contact listed below for your specific state of residence. Make sure you have all items needed for the Application Packet included on the email before you press send, so we can get you on an event as soon as possible !!!
If you are a resident of Texas, you can email your packet using this email address. If you’d rather mail a hard copy, you can mail the entire Application Packet to:
27314 Piney Ranch Lane
Katy, TX 77494
If you are a resident of Indiana, you can email your packet using this email address. If you’d rather mail a hard copy, you can mail the entire Application Packet to:
8203 Fendler Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46259
Please do not submit your Application Packet via both methods, as this will only hinder the reviewing process. Upon receipt of your Application Packet, it will be reviewed fully to ensure all necessary documents are present. If your Application Packet is completed and submitted correctly, it will be accepted and you will receive an email welcoming you to OATH. If your Application Packet is submitted in an incomplete manner, it will cause delays in getting you out on an AMAZING event, so check, recheck and check again to ensure all items are present before sending !!! Those Application Packets that have been accepted will be maintained in our Database and Event Binder for future events.
The sole purpose of this Application Packet is to allow our Board of Directors and our State Chapter(s) Leadership to know you a little better in order to find an event that’s perfect for you. The only pieces of documentation that we will ever share with our potential event donors will be your Bio and your photos. Your sensitive documents (DD-214, VA Disability Information) will never be shared with anyone outside of the OATH Chain of Command. You can rest assured that OPSEC is a top priority for us, and your personal information will be treated with the attention and respect that it deserves.
So. If you’re searching for a reason to get moving and to get outside and to get back to a state of relaxation and happiness, if you’re ready to get off the couch and get outdoors, submit your Application Packet. Let’s get going ! We’re waiting for you !